|IRMRA Library Services has items including books, videos, CD'S, magazine titles, daily newspapers, large print materials, literacy resources, access to books in comprehensive reference.
Some of the services offered include:
The Library extends reading facilities to all Scientists, Customers, Training Participants, Project Trainees, etc. Researchers also get borrowing facilities. Membership is extended to other Industries too, if they so desire.
Bibliographic Services :
This service is provided by the library staff includes monthly list of new additions to the library, contents pages service (of periodicals), monthly update, reference service, referral service (directing users to sources outside the library), CD-ROM search and Internet Search services.
Current Awareness Service (CAS) :
a. New Arrivals
Alert Service :
Library Staff Provides "New Arrivals Alert" service to all the users, which notifies about the newly procured documents in the library.
Information Services :
Information required by the users will be provided directly to their desktop to save their time.
- CD-ROM Services
- Standards, etc.
- Over Telephone
News Update :
Library staff searches Online Newspapers information and sending the copy of article through e-mail to the Director and other Users.
- Informative notes from the Internet
- Conference Alert
- Articles Alert
- Notification of e-articles downloaded
- Contents of Standards are scanned and converted to PDF and stored on shared Library Drive for internal users to refer the content pages of the same from their desktop.
- Photocopy of Journal's Contents, making PDF and distributing to internal users as e-mail attachment.
Newspaper Scanning Clipping
Newspaper scanning, Marking, cutting and filing of interested articles and notifying to the users through Intrachat / Intramail.
Selective Dissemination of Information
Collecting all users' area of interests and downloading the articles and other information and stored in the shared Library Drive under different Directories of users for accessing and notified accordingly.
Library Orientation will be given to all the internal staff, Training Participants and other which helps to know the information related to rubber and allied products and also
- About The Library
- Its information services, functions, activities, etc.
- Accessing of e-journals, CD-ROM database, etc.
- Information Searching thro' popular websites
Library is subscribing to Rubber Chemistry and Technology e-Journal and started downloading of e-articles and providing to all as per the users' interests.
- Information Searching for e-Sources.
- Downloading of the e-Journal articles.
- Sending e-mails to the publishers requesting for the latest catalogues and other informative brochures.
- Handling reference queries over e-mail for both IRMRA staff as well as outside institute members.
- Helping outside institute members by providing information over e-mail about the addresses of the vendors or any other requested information.
This service is directing users to sources outside the library Providing both to IRMRA Staff as well as other Institutional Members through Intranet, E-mail.
12. Internet and